Fun time early childhood academyEducation & Curriculum
While ensuring play is a part of learning, Fun Time has always been dedicated to providing a quality education to low-income working families in Naples and is ranked among the top preschools in Florida.
Going above and beyond . . .
Award Winning Education
- National Accreditation Commission of Early Care and Education Program accreditation (2016-2019)
- Florida-approved Voluntary Pre-Kindergarten provider
- Florida Department of Children & Families Gold Seal certified provider
- Federal Heart Start program provider via the Collier County Public Schools
Additionally, Fun Time serves our students and community through:
- Early Literacy and Learning Model” (ELLM) – a collaboration co-anchored with Florida Gulf Coast University and the Florida Institute of Education that increases instruction in reading by one extra hour per day for at-risk children. Administered in 49 Head Start programs in Collier County, the program benefits some 800 local children.
- Skills-Based Instructional Delivery Systems (SEEDS) – a
mentorinitiative that works with students to teach and practice formal, Standard English and proper conversational skills. Core volunteer groups supporting SEEDs include Christ Child Society, Greater Naples Leadership Master’s Program and others. All children are screened 30 days after entering Fun Time and again around their birthdays. Detecting possible developmental delays allows us to address the issues quickly.
- Parents Actively Teaching Children at Home (PATCH) – a newly expanded program developed to assist families using a family systems approach that is two-fold by design: educates parents on the importance of their role as their children’s first teachers; assists parents in gaining the skills required to secure more gainful employment.
- Healthy meals served family style, including breakfast, lunch
andan afternoon snack, for each student currently enrolled in Fun Time. Menus are designed by the school’s cook and approved by the USDA Food Program. All meals exceed the daily nutritional requirements of the program and are stored and prepared in our state-of-the-art commercial kitchen.
- Free books – Books for Collier Kids purchases new books and donates them to our children ensuring they have reading materials in school and at home.
Investing in Fun Time is an investment in the well-being of our children and our community.